GARLAND BASTIN NAILE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Who was Garland Bastin?
Garland Bastin served as the NAILE General Superintendent for 27 years, from the show’s founding until his death in 2000. An individual of great integrity, he truly loved engaging and working with young people. Garland believed exhibitors at livestock shows should conduct themselves with honesty and good sportsmanship, and that their behavior should reflect the highest standards of honor and dignity. The NAILE Executive Committee proudly offers a $1,000 scholarship in memory of this extraordinary man.
- Entrant must be a high school senior during current school year.
- Entrant must exhibit at least one animal in NAILE Junior Dairy Show in year he/she applies for Bastin Scholarship.
- Entrant must be available for award presentation during NAILE Junior Supreme Show.
- 35% academic and achievements
- 30% involvement with dairy cattle
- 35% essay
The application will be judged by a panel of livestock industry professionals, and the decision of the judges is final.
Deadline: October 10
Payment of the $1,000 scholarship will be made upon proof of acceptance for enrollment in a college or other institute of higher learning. Payment will be made directly to the recipient and is only available within 24 months of the scholarship being presented.